Africa Center for Theological Studies is a graduate school with the goal of producing transformational leaders who are equipped academically and spiritually to impact the church. ACTS offers graduate programs to Pastors, Missionaries, evangelist, teachers and leaders in the market place. The following academic programs are offered:
Master of Arts in Leadership and Christian Ministry (MALCM)
The Master of Arts in Christian leadership is a 2-year program that prepares individuals for effective and transformational ministry in the church and the market place.
Master of Arts in Leadership and Christian Ministry (MALCM) focuses on developing the student holistically as a leader, in self-leadership, organizational leadership, and transformational leadership for the larger community in a global context. The program develops a theoretical framework of leadership from which the learner develops and applies leadership skills, including the training and equipping of others for leadership. Integration of faith, values, ministry skills with leadership theory and skills is applied throughout.
The graduate of this program should be able to:
- Think critically, are innovative and able to problem-solve;
- Operate from a framework of leadership theory and cultural relevance;
- Demonstrate competency in strategic leadership skills;
- Act with integrity rooted in Christian faith, appropriated in all areas of life;
- Prepare and equip others for ethical and skilled leadership.
Master of Art in Theology and Biblical Studies (MABTS)
The Master of Arts in Biblical and Theological Studies is a two year program that prepares leaders for the church and the academy with a solid foundation in Bible and Theology. The MABTS degree is an intentionally integrated program for the purpose of training the kinds of leaders who are capable of initiating bibliocentric and holistic transformation in the church and society. It places emphasis on biblical and as foundational for every aspect of Christian ministry. Spiritual formation, practical ministry skills and research skills are integrated with the biblical and theological foundations required for effective ministry and leadership in the church. The MABTS program places particular emphasis in developing a vision for the Great Commission and movement- building through the development of the skills of evangelism, discipleship and equipping other leaders.are of the school.
- The graduates of the Program should be able to:
- Interpret and apply Scripture faithfully, constructively, and relevantly using knowledge of the Bible, exegetical skills, and contextual application.
- Integrate the theological framework and commitments of Evangelical Christianity into any aspect of Christian life and ministry.
- Apply core ministry competencies to actual ministry realities.
- Design ministry models that are transformative, missional, and movement oriented.
- Carry out an academic quality research project that integrates Scripture and theology, relevant sources of knowledge, and concrete realities in the Church and in society.
- Integrate specific character traits of spirituality, integrity, vision, leadership, and excellence in life and vocation
Masters of Divinity (M.Div)
The Master of Divinity is a 3-year modular program that prepares individuals who are called to the pastoral and teaching ministry in the church. The Masters of Divinity programme has specialized tracks in Pastoral ministries, Intercultural studies, Christian Education and Counseling.
The Masters in Divinity degree is foundational for the preparation in Christian ministry. The goal of the program is to equip leadership for the church and for transformational Christian leadership in society. It provides a sound foundation in bible, theology and ministry skills. The program seeks to develop Christian leadership that is characterize by integrity, vision, commitment to the Great Commission, and is able to initiate biblically informed movements of transformation in church and society in Africa.
The graduates of the Program should be able to:
- Interpret and apply Scripture faithfully, constructively, and relevantly using knowledge of the Bible, biblical languages and exegetical skills.
- Integrate the theological framework and commitments of Evangelical Christianity into all aspect of Christian life and ministry.
- Apply core ministry competencies to actual ministry realities.
- Design and implement ministry models that are contextually transformative, missional, and movement oriented.
- Produce academic research and writing that integrates Scripture and theology, relevant sources of knowledge, and concrete realities in the Church and in society.
- Personally develop and demonstrate biblical character traits like spirituality, integrity, vision, leadership, and excellence in lifestyle and vocation.
Post Graduate Diploma in Christian Ministry and Leadership(PGDCML)
The Post Graduate Diploma in Christian Ministry and Leadership is a one year program with emphasis in biblical studies, Christian ministry, communication, theology and leadership. The PGDML is suitable for individual who have not had theological training and who desire to be prepared to pursue any of our master’s degree.
Bachelor of Theology (BTh)
Our BTh programme provides a solid foundation in the humanities with a focus on Christian history, theology, biblical studies, ministry and leadership. Graduates are equipped with the resources they need to make an impact in their world for Christ.
Bachelor in Theology (BTH) program is a four-year program of 136 credit hours. The Bachelor in Theology (BTH) program is four-year program 135 credit hours to complete the degree
The program provides the Biblical and Theological Foundations that are essential for Christian ministry. The program covers broad areas in Bible, Theology, pastoral studies, general studies, church history, missiology and Christian education that are essential for ministry and academia.
The entry qualification to the program is WAEC school certificate or General Certificate of Education (GCE), NECO and NATEP
Students who have completed Diploma programs from accredited institutions shall be admitted to the second year of the program.
The third mode of admission is for the mature student who had a minimum of 3 credits in WAEC or GCE and has been in ministry for a minimum of 15 years and is over 50 years old. Entry requirements could be waved for such students after careful evaluation by the Academic Committee.
The Bachelors program offers two tracks from which students can choose to major: Missiology and Christian Education
In order words we shall be awarding a Bachelor of Theology in Missions (BTH (Missions) or BTH (Christian Education).
Certificate Programmes (I year)
Foundations for Christian ministry and Leadership(FCL)
Foundations In Christian Ministry And Leadership Is A Certificate Level Training Offered To Equip Pastors And Lay Workers With Practical Ministry And Leadership Skills. Partners in Ministry Program (PIM)
Partners In Ministry Is Geared Towards Equipping Pastors’ Wives And Women In Ministry So As To Encourage Effectiveness In Ministry Among Women, Their Families And The Church.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW !