LEADERSHIP! This one word captures the greatest need and challenge of Nigeria and the rest of Africa. As the 2004 Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Wangai Mathai, has noted, “Unless Africans from all levels of society recognize and embrace the challenge of leadership, Africa will not move forward.” This is what Africa Centre for Theological Studies (ACTS) exists to address.
ACTS aims to train leaders of integrity and vision who will spearhead transformation in all domains of African societies. We offer a unique educational opportunity in Nigeria that equips people to think biblically and moulds their character to act with integrity. We are committed to imparting biblical knowledge, relevant scholarship, and ministry skills through the integration of Christianity with various disciplines and life issues.
THE ACTS NETWORK
ACTS is a member of International Leadership University. The International Leadership University (ILU) is a network of accredited universities and colleges in Africa that have the common purpose of educating and producing emerging national leaders of integrity and vision. The ILU network also includes Africa Leadership and Management Academy (ALMA in Ghana and Zimbabwe), International Leadership University Kenya, Institut Facultaire De Theologie Appliquee (IFTA, Congo), and International Leadership University Burundi.
THE ACTS DISTINCTIVES
In training transformational leaders for Africa, we are intentional in being;
- African in Context and Relevance- Our adaptive and contextual programmes expose students to world class education with a distinct focus on meeting African needs and solving African problems.
- Transfomational in Practice and Outlook - At ACTS, students are equipped to engaged and help transform the world.
- Christ-centred in Orientation and Output - We approach learning and education in deference to Christ in whom all things hold together.
- Holistic in Our Approach to Education - We provide education that develops godly hearts, creative and resourceful minds, and skillful and productive hands.
- Flexible with Academic Offering - ACTS runs flexible modular programmes which give students the opportunity to receive the highest quality education without having to leave the workplace.
- Professor Chinedu Nebo
- Dr. Samuel Gani
- Jonathan Onigbinde
- Rev. Arch. Olusegun Kuti
- Dr. Salihu Garba
- Tony Idoko
- Rev. John Reaume
- Adewale Adefarasin Chairman
- Mr. Bamidele Adedeji Vice-Chairman
- Hon. (Dr.) Joseph Agbato Council Member
- Mrs. Olabisi Adepegba Council Member
- Mr. Victor Olaiya Council Member
- Rev. Ebenezer Green Council Member
- Dr. (Mrs.) Taiwo Omomia Council Member
- Barr. Ahmed Dada Abbas Council Member
- Mr. Austin Okomohwo Provost, Director, GCM-W/A
- Rev. Ambrose Massaquoi Principal
- Dr. William Udotong VP Academics Affairs
- Mr. Caleb Olubiyi VP, Admin. & Finance
- Rev. John Reaume VP, Development
- Mr. Emmanuel Richard National Director, GCMN